How to calculate the nutritive value of a dietary evaluation?
..: To calculate the nutritive value of a dietary evaluation, you have to:
Select, upon Menu, the [Nutritive Value Calculation: Dietary Evaluations] option.
Click on the [Create] button.
Enter the required information in the [Description] tab.
- You must fill the name and a short description of the dietary evaluation (mandatory fields).
- You must select a Dietary Reference Intakes (DRI) if you want to evaluate the nutritive value of your recipe according to a standard.
Select the [Foods] tab.
- You must select and insert the different foods of your dietary evaluation one by one.
- If you can't find a food in the database, you must find the nutritional value of this product and then create a new item in the database.
See also: How to?-How to add an item to the product database?
If no products appears, it is possible that no databases as been selected in the top-right corner of the screen.
The more precise the choice of your dietary evaluation's foods are, the more the nutritive value calculated will be close to the real value.
If desired, you can enter personal notes selecting the [Notes] tab.
You can now see your dietary evaluation's nutritive value ( average per day) selecting the [Analysis] tab. .
You can also visualize or print various information about your dietary evaluation selecting the [Reports] tab.
- [List of consumed foods]–List of foods in the dietary evaluation, sorted by meal if applicable
- [Detailed Nutritive Value]–Complete nutritive value of each food of the dietary evaluation
- [Nutrition Analysis Reports]–Total nutritive value + Simplified Reports: more visual analysis reports